Friday 23 June 2017

Writing T2

For the last couple of weeks we have been doing wrting about body parts me and my buddy chose the pancreas here is my report about the pancreas

The Pancreas is a long flattened gland located deep in our stomachs and it is six inches long. Because the Pancreas isn't seen in our everyday lives most people don't know much about this part of the body as say the heart or the brain, but the pancreas is a vital part of our digestive system and a critical controller of our blood sugar levels. 

There are 4 parts of the Pancreas. The Head, Neck, Body and The Tail. The head of the pancreas is the largest part of the organ. The head is found on the right side of the abdomen nestled in the curve of the duodenum. The Neck is a small section of the organ between the head and the body. The Body is the middle part of the pancreas between the Tail and the neck. The Superior mesenteric artery and veins run behind this part of the pancreas. The thin tip at the end of the pancreas is called the tail the tail is placed next to the body as you can see in the diagram. The tail is in close proximity to the spleen. 

The Pancreas regulates your body’s blood sugar levels. If your pancreas is faulty you could become diabetic. What is Diabetes? To answer that you need to understand the role of insulin in your body. When you eat, your body turns food into sugars and glucose. At that point your pancreas is supposed to release insulin. Insulin serves as a “key” to open your cells, allow glucose to enter and give you energy. But with diabetes this system does not work. There are two types of diabetes type ii and type i. Type one diabetes is the most severe. This type of diabetes is also called insulin-dependant diabetes. This type of diabetes doesn't open your cells to allow the glucose to enter this means the glucose builds up in the blood. If left untreated this can harm your eyes, kidneys, heart and could lead to a coma and death. This is why some people carry insulin pens. When needed those diabetic people use the pens to put insulin inside their body. This insulin opens the cells and puts the gathered up glucose in your body so you don't get harmed. Another one of the general jobs the pancreas does is putting different chemical messengers called hormones into your blood.

In conclusion the Pancreas is a very important organ in our body. It regulates our blood sugars to stop us from getting diabetes and produces enzymes to help us with our indigestion. It is an allround important part of our body and without it, we wouldn't be able to survive.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for your comment.